Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Wait is Over...a new one begins

Finally our wait is over. Firstly, I have finally graduated from my Master's program. I was able graduate with a 4.0. If nothing else, I am pleased with myself. There was a good group that came to my graduation to support me. My parents and my little sister Lindsay flew from Idaho to be with us that day. My in-laws were there as well as Morgan's grandparents and aunt and uncle came as well. Thanks to everyone who came and supported us on that day. We had a hooding ceremony where everyone receiving the master's degree was able to spend a moment pick someone to bestow the master's hood on the graduate and then explain who the individual is and why he or she was picked to bestow the hood on the graduate. I picked Morgan to place the hood on me. She's the best.
In other news - In the fall, we will be starting another step in our schooling. I was accepted into a Ph.D. program and will be starting that in the fall. I will start the Ph.D. program at Idaho State in English and the Teaching of English. It is a program that specializes in producing teacher scholars rather than researcher scholars. I look forward to it.
We have also been offered a one-year appointment to teach English full time at BYU-Idaho. I will be teaching composition courses with maybe an option later to teach a literature course. It will be a full teaching load, but I know that I will have a lot of fun.
So, in theory I will work full-time and start my Ph.D. program part time. It will be a crazy but fun time. The immediate plans are to move back to Idaho in June and get ourselves braced for the start of the next school year.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations, Master Robertson! :-) It sounds like you have everything all lined up. Good Luck - I hope you do well in your Ph.D. and I'm sure you'll be a great professor. I'm sure it will be nice to be living closer to family.